Patient Statement RE: Corona Virus
As you know the number of cases of Corona Virus in Wales is rising, it is now a PANDEMIC.
As a surgery, we are putting several measures in place to help prevent the spread in our community. We appreciate that these changes will cause some disruption but from the advice we have had, it is necessary process to protect our most vulnerable.
If you have COUGH, FEVER, MUSCLE ACHES, NEW SHORTNESS OF BREATH, DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY, STAY AT HOME and check the information and advice on coronavirus on the Public Health Wales website before you decide whether to RING 111
- Public Health Wales has a symptom checker:
- We are moving our appointment system to TELEPHONE TRIAGE, you will be asked to give a brief description of your problem and asked question on Corona Virus risk, a doctor will then ring back. NO pre-bookable appointments.
- There will be NO ‘WALK-IN APPOINTMENTS’.
- We urge people to STAY AT HOME and SELF-TREAT their minor illness.
- Pre-booked face to face appointments have been cancelled and you will be called initially instead.
- Please order your repeat medication by dropping your repeat slip into a community pharmacy, or ringing the prescribing hub Mon to Fri 9am -4pm: 01656 311010, or via My Health Online (see our website for details) or post (by hand) repeat slip through our letter box.
- We urge people to assign a pharmacy to their prescriptions so they do not have to attend the surgery to pick them up.
- Please anticipate that surgeries and hospitals are going to be incredibility busy, BE SENSIBLE AND STAY AWAY IF YOU CAN.
News & Announcements
Important Information – Appointments
As a practice, we are taking measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus (and especially to vulnerable/sick patients). With this in mind, we will no longer be offering online appointments until further notice. Please telephone the Practice to make your appointments, where you will be asked the reason, so that we can provide you with the best health care.
Important Information – Repeat Prescriptions
As a practice, we are taking measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus (and especially to vulnerable/sick patients). With this in mind, we are taking steps to avoid all unnecessary attendance at the surgery.
We have a large number of patients who visit the surgery to hand in repeat slips to order their prescription. There are a number of alternative ways to order your usual repeat medication which can avoid a trip to the surgery.
From 13th March 2020 we will
NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING REPEAT PRESCRIPTION ORDERS HANDED IN BY PATIENTS INTO THE BOX
Instead please order your repeat prescription via:
- Repeat prescription ordering service– Telephone service that is open weekdays from 9am until 4pm. The telephone number is: 01656 311010
- My Health Online– Online method of requesting repeat medication. Before being able to create an account the patient must register via the GP practice. Please ask reception about signing up for this service.
- Community Pharmacy – your community pharmacy can deliver your repeat prescription order to us (within 7 days of the due date)
Important Information: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Parkrun Practice: Riversdale Surgery is proud to announce it is one of the first practices in Wales to become a parkrun Practice. As a parkrun Practice we will actively encourage staff and patients to participate in parkrun as part of their overall health and wellbeing. Find out more.
Clinical Pharmacist: We now offer patients the option of either a face to face appointment or a telephone consultation with a clinical pharmacist. This is often move convenient than making an appointment with the GP. Download the leaflet here
You can request your repeat prescription online via My Health Online.
Before using MHOL for the first time you must register. Please
click here to download the form for registration. Once you have completed the form you should return it to the Practice with the relevant forms of identification that are listed on the form.
If you are already registered for MHOL, Login here.
If you have a prescription query? Please complete the Prescription Query Form
Download the latest Physio Direct leaflet here
Public Health Wales Screening Division is inviting GP surgeries to help raise awareness of the Wales Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Programme (WAAASP). The aim of the programme is to halve the number of deaths from ruptured AAA by 2025 in 65 year old men living in Wales . View poster here
Find Out More: Organ Donation (Wales)
See our new ‘Useful Contact Numbers’ section for helpful non-surgery telephone numbers.
Download the ‘Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)’ PDF form.