You can book your appointment for the Flu Vaccination from MONDAY 10th SEPTEMBER. Please telephone the surgery to book an appointment if you are eligible for this vaccine.
We are offering flu vaccinations, on the recommendation of the Department of Health, to our patients who are:
- 65 years or older on 31st March 2019 – born on or before 31st March 1954
- Aged 6 months to 64 years who are in an at risk groups. (These include those living in long-stay residential care homes and those with one or more of the following conditions: chronic lung disease, asplenia, chronic kidney, liver, heart or neurological disease; or diabetes). Please ring the surgery for further details
- Dates of birth 1st September 2014 to 31st August 2016 and
- Dates of birth 1st September 2013 to 31st August 2014 who do not attend school
- Pregnant Women
- Living in long stay residential care homes or other long stay facilities
- Patients with immunosuppression and household contacts of these patients
- Members of Voluntary Organisations Providing Planned Emergency Aid
- Active Members of Welsh Ambulance Trust Community First Responder Scheme
If you have an appointment in Diabetic, Respiratory, Cardiac or INR clinic before December you will be offered the vaccine in that appointment.
You may be eligible for a Pneumococcal Vaccination, which would give you protection from Pneumonia. You can have the Pneumococcal vaccine at the same time as the Flu vaccine.
If you were born before 31st March 1954 and have not ever received this vaccination, you may wish to make enquiries by ringing the surgery.
Patients aged 2 to 64 years in certain at-risk groups are also eligible for the Pneumococcal vaccine. Details are available in the Practice.